Every detail matters regarding medical records exchange, and traditional methods like fax machines make it a long process. Software release of information solutions can change the game, but how do you pick the partnership that’s right for you?
ChartRequest offers two primary ways to utilize our release of information solution: Full-Service and Self-Service.
We understand that your organization’s medical record request volume can vary wildly based on specialty, provider count, and other key factors. That’s why we’ve designed our partnership options to fit your unique needs.
In this article, we’ll discuss the two types of release of information solutions organizations like yours enjoy every day to make exchanging medical records streamlined, secure, and compliant.
Why Does the Release Of Information Need a Digital Solution?
The release of information is the controlled process of providing access to a patient’s medical records to authorized people. It involves patient consent, privacy, and legal compliance.
In other words, complex regulations govern ROI.
Every single request has to go through a long process comprised of 40+ steps that can induce headaches for most people. In this section, we’ll briefly cover some of the complexity and urgency that make the release of information a challenge without a modern solution.
1. The Role of ROI in Patient Care:
ROI is essential for continuous care. Full access to a patient’s medical history allows doctors to make informed clinical decisions.
Accurate medical decisions help improve treatment outcomes and provide a better patient experience.
A study published on the NIH website highlights how complete patient information cuts down on medical errors. Quick access to medical records via efficient ROI processes can be a matter of life and death.
2. Legal Compliance:
Complying with laws like HIPAA is a big part of ROI. If you don’t, the consequences can be pretty severe.
The Privacy Rule was implemented in 2003. Since then, the Office for Civil Rights has received over 342,032 HIPAA complaints and has initiated over 1,178 compliance reviews.
3. Operational Efficiency:
An efficient ROI process can make things a lot smoother operationally.
It eases the administrative load on healthcare providers when it comes to exchanging medical records.
AHIMA notes that effective information management can lead to cost savings.
How a Release of Information Solution Can Change the Way We Exchange Health Information
Release of information solutions like ChartRequest empower healthcare organizations to efficiently share data from their existing EMR systems. They make the ROI process more straightforward without sacrificing data security and integrity in several ways.
- Faster ROI: The days of slow, paper-heavy processes are on their way out. Digital release of information solutions make the exchange of medical records quicker and smoother. We cut down on the admin work so healthcare pros can focus on what they do best – taking care of patients.
- Improved Accuracy: Digital release of information solutions automate key aspects of information sharing and help mitigate human errors. After all, accurate and trustworthy information is key to top-notch medical treatment.
- Powerful Security: Keeping patient data safe and sticking to privacy laws is a crucial responsibility, and release of information solutions can provide unbreakable security. By making ROI safer, we help healthcare providers stay on the right side of privacy regulations.
- Simpler Process: Release of information solutions make it easy for requestors of all types to acquire their medical records. This not only makes patients happier but also gets them more involved in their healthcare journey.
- Reduce ROI Costs: By cutting down on administrative chores, digital release of information solutions can help significantly reduce overhead costs. Less paperwork, less hassle, and more savings.
- Fits Your Organization: Purpose-built release of information solutions like ChartRequest are designed to work with all EMR systems. Additionally, our software offers customization options to tailor-fit to your ROI.
- Comprehensive Reports: To help healthcare providers examine trends and patterns in medical records requests, our ROI software includes detailed reports. This level of insight is gold for improving how things run and developing better patient care strategies.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s examine the difference between our Self-Service and Full-Service release of information solutions.
Chartrequest Options: An Overview of Both ROI Services
Electronic health records continue to be an incredible advancement in healthcare technology, but an issue arose. EHR vendors focused on making the release of information easy between their own users, but poor interoperability with other EHR systems created massive data silos.
Release of information software solutions like ChartRequest bridge the gap between these systems while providing patients and legal professionals an easy way to submit requests.
ChartRequest is purpose-built with two tailored release of information solutions: Full-Service and Self-Service. Both ChartRequest partnership options cater to your diverse needs while ensuring an efficient and compliant exchange.
Self-Service Release of Information Solution: Your Team, Our Software
Self-Service partnership provides efficiency, insights, and control but requires more from your medical records staff. It’s best if you prefer a hands-on approach to managing your medical record requests.
Improve Ease of Use and Accessibility
One of the standout features of the Self-Service option is its user-friendly interface. Its intuitive design makes it easy for your team to navigate and manage requests with minimal training. Our white-glove, omnichannel support makes the process a breeze for patients and legal professionals.
Automate Billing and Invoicing
Our Self-Service partnership is designed to help healthcare organizations get paid for releasing information. With a 99+% collection rate and provider-leaning revenue share system, some organizations have made hundreds of thousands of dollars using ChartRequest.
Prevent Staff Burnout
Traditional release of information methods like faxing are rife with administrative burdens that can wear out your team. ChartRequest alleviates these pressure points to help reduce staff turnover and free up time to focus on high-value tasks instead.
Full-Service Release of Information Solution: Our Team, Our Software
ChartRequest Full-Service offers an all-encompassing approach, from processing requests to delivering records. This option is perfect for healthcare organizations that don’t want to spend the time and resources worrying about ROI compliance.
Guarantee 5-Day Turnaround Times
HIPAA currently allows 30 days to release medical records, but that could change with an updated rule in the future to just 15 days. With a Full-Service partnership, even five business days is a slow turnaround. On average, ChartRequest can release requested records in 2 business days or less.
Leverage Billables to Cover Non-Billables
In addition to making our Full-Service release of information solution affordable, our system enables organizations to offset these costs with incoming billable requests. Eliminating administrative headaches and reducing overhead costs is more achievable than you may think.
Eliminate Hiring Challenges
By entering a Full-Service partnership for a release of information solution, you protect your organization from the ever-changing state of medical staffing. From staffing shortages to salaries and benefits beyond your budget, ChartRequest alleviates these challenges and more.
Choosing the Right Option for Your Needs
Between the two ChartRequest options, the decision boils down to a few key considerations.
Let’s break it down to make deciding easier, ensuring it aligns with your unique needs.
1. Assess your team’s capabilities: Look at your team’s ability to handle the ROI process. Self-Service could be a great fit if you want to increase ROI revenue and eliminate common administrative headaches that lead to burnout.
Conversely, Full-Service may be ideal if your team is significantly understaffed or struggling with complex ROI tasks. It takes the administrative load off your shoulders, freeing you up to focus on patient care.
2. Look at your request volume: How many medical record requests do you regularly handle? If you’re juggling a high volume of requests, especially across several locations, the Full-Service option is more suitable.
Smaller practices or those with fewer requests may find the Self-Service plan more budget-friendly.
3. Examine compliance needs: HIPAA compliance is key in healthcare. If your organization wants to stay compliant without the hassle, a Full-Service partnership is a better match. If you have skilled team members who understand what it takes to stay compliant, a Self-Service partnership will provide the tools needed for success.
The best choice between our partnership options is a tough call to make, so we provide free consultations to help healthcare providers understand the benefits of each release of information solution.
ChartRequest Options: Discover Your Ideal Release of Information Solution
ChartRequest understands how important a compliant ROI process is in healthcare. We’ve put painstaking thought into designing our partnerships to maintain the highest HIPAA standards in a secure digital environment.
Thinking about how to up your game in handling medical records? We’re here to help. Dive into what ChartRequest has to offer. Whether you’re all about getting comprehensive support with our Full-Service option or you love the idea of steering the ship with Self-Service, we’ve got your back.
Ready to see ChartRequest in action? Find out how ChartRequest can revamp your ROI process, making it faster, safer, and totally in line with compliance needs.